Saturday, March 5, 2011

Carnaval!

So, we spent the day in town....I laid around the pool...not literally, I actually stayed pretty much in one spot....when I got too hot, I put my book down and dove in, swam a few laps then resumed reading. It was a tough assignment, but I was available.
Around 4 the traffic started being diverted, by 5 things were a mess, by 6 you were stuck, at 7 we brought our chairs outside the hotel, front and center. They had set up chairs all along the parade route and charged 10 pesos to sit in them. We waited, and waited...the parade started at 7 but it started up the road from us....and waited, and waited...you get my point.. At 9:00 a line of police officers spread out across the road, behind them came more police on motorcycles...FINALLY the first float appeared and we were off! The music was pumping, the bass was thumping, hips were shaking-and I might add, the men seemed to do a better job of this in some cases!-feathers were whipping..it was a lot of fun. Candy, bags of chips, whistles and plastice cups were being tossed to/at bystanders...I got candy, a bag of "globitos" ( one of the worst snacks ive ever tasted in my life) and a pen. All in all a good time was had, no arrests were made or fighting, at least that we saw. This morning we are packing up early and heading back to peaceful Santa Clara. Too much fun isn't good for a person....so they say......


No comments:

Post a Comment